Strict Standards: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EST/-5.0/no DST' instead in /homepages/39/d92531195/htdocs/skyfeathers/phpBB3/viewtopic.php on line 943

Strict Standards: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EST/-5.0/no DST' instead in /homepages/39/d92531195/htdocs/skyfeathers/phpBB3/viewtopic.php on line 943
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:943)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:943)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:943)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:943)
Remember Skyfeathers • View topic - Music from the past

Music from the past

Remember that song that goes " da da da da somethin' somethin' I expect to find him laughing..."? or what was the name of that club where we did that ...?

Moderator: skyfeathersdj

Music from the past

Postby Marius » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:14 pm

Do any of you guys remember these songs? They played Sex Dwarf no less than 20 times every night at Xenon West Copy & paste the following links in your web search & enjoy!! (Sex Dwarf) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3MtaVS60eY

How about this one???? The video is really dated, but White lines was a huge nightclub song back in 1985 (White Lines) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rnCXRfJ ... re=related

This next video was also a major hit with the West coast Nightclub scene. It was also the world's first glimpse at Death Rock as a style.(Bauhaus) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zq7xyjU- ... =1&index=2

Did the DJs play any of these songs at Skyfeathers????
Marius

Re: Music from the past

Postby skyfeathersdj » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:48 pm

hey Marius,
indeed we did play some of those tracks.
Sex Dwarf - oh yes. this was also a favorite lip sync performance, kinda got a few people in semi-trouble thanks to some parents seeing the nearly x-rated (simulated, but with clothes on) acts. i've always loved this song. you can really feel the sleaze in the music and Marc Almond's voice.

White Lines - nope, didn't play this one, at least not on the New Wave floor. might have been played on the top 40 floor, but i don't recall ever hearing it. great track though!

Bela Lugosi's Dead - yep, we definitely played this one too (didn't we? anyone else remember for sure?). another very evocative song. just hang your head and swing your arms, revel in the darkness.

ross
skyfeathersdj
Site Admin

Postby Marius » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:45 am

Hey Ross! So you guys never played White Lines? It must have been an underground song on the West coast, because it was played endlessly in every nightclub. I was really surprised by the video. The video is so 70s & dated looking. Did you guys hear this one in any of the nightclubs on the east coast? The girls on the west coast loved this song. My ex-girlfriend Rorie had more experience sexually than I did. She was 16 & I was 15. The way she danced to this song was sooooo skanky & sooooo slutty!!! lolololololol I didn't know what the hell to do with her. I just kept my feet moving & looked as calm as I could. Anyway here is the song. .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsNh7NHS-f8
Marius

Postby TobyClark » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:57 pm

Marius, in your neck of the woods, did they ever play a song called "Valerie Loves Me?" I think it was by Material Issue, right? I traveled to meet a pen pal in Phoenix in 1991, and they actually had a commercial new wave station, not even oldies, and they played that a lot, but when I got back to Tampa Bay, I seemed to be the only new waver around who'd heard of that song. I don't think it ever got any airplay or club play around here. We should swap notes.

And you should start a Xenon West web site or get someone to do it for you, so you can reconnect with your old friends.

And Ross, since we're on MySpace, shouldn't we be on Facebook too?
TobyClark

Postby Marius » Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:02 pm

Hey Toby! I don't remember that song! California is exactly like Texas in the sense that our State is so different than the rest of the country in terms of style, music tastes & attitudes. Arizona has as much in common with California as Florida does in terms of sunny weather. But the similarities end there. I remember meeting a good friend from New Jersey once. Before we were good friends, he was just a great guy who always had a smile on his face. He also had the funniest looking Mohawk that was totally curly. Californians & people in & around LA in particular can be very competitive with style & material possessions. Ron who is from New Jersey was very down to Earth & very funny. We all loved Ron. He is a doctor now & I'd bet anything he still has the dirtiest sense of humor & has not forgotten who he is or where he came from. . . 8)
Marius

Postby skyfeathersdj » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:27 pm

Toby, i remember "Valerie Loves Me". i must have either heard it on the radio or seen it on MTV, don't recall the specifics though.
Facebook? sure, why not!? Skyfeathers, now on Facebook too.
skyfeathersdj
Site Admin

Return to Music / Places